MagesCircle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Everyone please see the new Global Announcement.

Combo Classes

Go down 
+2
Vivi
Zevas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zevas

Location : Do you hear someone call you and look and noone is there? Do you feel the slight chill of a breeze on your neck yet no wind is blowing? Do you feel the stare of something yet nothing is to be found? Do you know that the dark cannot harm you? No, but i am there...and I can...

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:08 am

obviously everyone can pick two classes...but what would that combination of classes be called? for instance "swordsman + white mage = paladin" what about the other combinations?
Back to top Go down
Zevas

Location : Do you hear someone call you and look and noone is there? Do you feel the slight chill of a breeze on your neck yet no wind is blowing? Do you feel the stare of something yet nothing is to be found? Do you know that the dark cannot harm you? No, but i am there...and I can...

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 am

also white mage + swordsma could = white knight
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:29 am

All in all, you can name your "combo classes" as whatever the hell you want, since people have their own ways of seeing things. Heck, a black mage and a gunner could be a gun mage, but it could also be... I dunno, Gun-debuffers? Anything actually, in all honesties. I just don't have the best names out there.

For example, the black mage + summoner combo. Upon retrospective, one COULD think that it means "summoning undead to do their bidding", or more exactly, "Necromancy". The sad truth is though, it isn't, since summoning spirits and black magic are all about damage, not DoT spells or raising undeads from the grave (some high level black magic spells CAN instill fear due to their power and/or awesomeness though, not due to "negative energies"). BUT, in another point of view, who cares or how do you know exactly? Thus, the "Necromancer" was born.

But what else could you do? Oh many things. Summoning + Black Magic could also be the ultimate debuffer, stopping people from moving with the spirits, and then throwing damage-dealing decreasing debuffs towards said enemy, and/or damage receiving increase debuffs, and finally casting a basic spell to turn someone as strong as an iron giant plummeting to the ground with nothing but a bullet to the foot, or possibly even a simple magical spark (and lighting him ablaze with it).

And don't get me started with black magic and swordsman. There's Dark Knight, Arcane Knight, Magic Knight, SpellSword, etc etc, and all of them are just swordsman with a SLIGHT diference in the branch of spells that exist in black magic along with a sword, in which SpellSwords use spells ON the swords to do magical (elemental) damage, Magic Knights use spells for ranged combat and normal sword swipes for close ranged combat, Arcane Knights de-buff the enemies so they are weak against the sword-related atack they'll do next or just simply to trap the foes, and Dark Knights focus on the dark-side of Black Magic (Dark element spells, drain, osmose, sometimes even sacrificing a bit of their life force for improved magical/physical power, shit like that) while having quite a good prowress with a blade themselves.

There's also the point that some "classes" can be upgrades to one another. For example, a "Champion" may be a stronger "Paladin", or a "Holy Knight" can be a stronger "White Knight". You see where I'm going, correct? If not, I belive that Champions > Holy Knights > White Knights > Paladins, Paladins being the lowest of the "food chain". To understand further, a Paladin would be a swordsman with little to no knowledge on white magic, doing minor healing spells, or just purging minor undead with obviously minor white magic, while a Champion would be able to actually throw advanced holy elemented spells and be able to purge a Lich with a bit of effort. Do note though, that's what "I belive in", which means it MAY be true, but it most likely isn't. Again, though, it depends on one's point of view.

So basically, it'd be odd to ask for ALL the "class combinations" one knows, because it's based ENTIRELY on point of view. Just make them up as you go on, and if it sticks good, it becomes that. End of story.
Back to top Go down
Zevas

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 am

lol gee i guess...i just wanted to see what other people THOUGHT not for the actual thing. you, to get things rolling and give ideas?
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:27 am

I WAS giving my own opinion. There's some ideas of what I think some classes do here and there. If I was gonna give a complete listing of what I think some classes do they'd be like "whoa that's awesome" and choose it or be like "well that's complete bull shit" and rage about how OP that is.

Although in all honesties I dunno what to say about a summoning thief or a white magic wielding gunner... Healing bullets? Stealing spirits? ... I dunno honestly. Thief + (insert avaiable classes here) make most of the things kinda odd-like... I understand some class combos, but others? .... Honestly, it's just... I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Zevas

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:14 am

well i wanna see what others think as well. like maybe do their own classes and name their combo...
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:17 am

oi oi, this isn't a class creation topic. If the admin decides to create a job, she'll ask first and make a poll or something. Naming their combo/giving ideas for others that don't have one is fine, but no creatting their "own classes". So far, the forum's only starting, and what you have is what you get UNTIL there's more people around, and thus, more "customization" is necessary. Until then, think in other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zevas

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:26 am

thats what i meant. They take the two classes they already have and decide what combo class they are. like i could be a gun mage, demon hunter, dark rifleman, etc. im not changing or adding any classes im just giving a name to the class that the two classes i have makes up. see?
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:31 am

Nightmare wrote:
well i wanna see what others think as well. like maybe do their own classes and name their combo...

Nightmare wrote:
like maybe do their own classes and name their combo...

Nightmare wrote:
do their own classes

Some people may just get a wrong idea there. It may have been me, but it could have been anyone else as well. Jus' sayin'. Anyways, carry on.
Back to top Go down
Zevas

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 pm

okay then let me reiterate it here... "take the classes you have on your character on this site, if you have two, and give a name to the combo class you beleive would fit your character." better?
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:05 pm

I DID say carry on, but if you wanna write it again, try something like "Take the classes avaiable on the site, and give a name to the combination of said classes".

Again, carry on.
Back to top Go down
Zevas

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm

thief + gunner = average day mug?
Back to top Go down
Zevas

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:18 pm

test for sig
Back to top Go down
Nim

Nim

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:40 am

Well names for double classes can be whatever people want them to be, but a few the way i'd put them would be like:

White Mage+Black Mage=Sage
White Mage+Summoner=Spiritualist
Gunner+b/wmage=Gun Mage
Swordsman+Gunner=Soldier

and on the subject of new classes being made by different combinations. Classes will be able to advance later by sacrificing the two classes you already have, so I guess you could see it as fusing.
Back to top Go down
Zevas

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:35 am

wait...so are you saying for my instance i would sacrfice my two to make one gun mage and get another 2nd class?
Back to top Go down
Cherry

Cherry

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Gunner + Thief = Pirate... also test for m sig hhaaahhaa
Back to top Go down
Yuki Mitsuko

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:01 am

White Mage+Summoner=Spiritualist

Awesome O_O, If I went for this path... would I be able to have some sort of combination technique power ability from the combination ever..
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:57 pm

I... don't think so. Thus far, "advanced classes" don't exist yet. This is only a small "maybe it'll turn out this way, but if it doesn't, nice to hear your opinion anyways" kind of post. Although an healing beast would be interesting. Kinda focus-point costy though.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:33 am

Thief+swordsman= blademaster or ninja maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Combo Classes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combo Classes   Combo Classes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combo Classes
Page 1 of 1