MagesCircle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Everyone please see the new Global Announcement.

Tenshi's Techniques

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenshi Hōyō

Tenshi Hōyō

Tenshi's Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Tenshi's Techniques   Tenshi's Techniques Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Name: Short Combo
Class: Swordsman
Focus Points: 3
Description: Using the short sword given to him by the Primera Guard, he will attack in a short combo, starting with a diagonal swing at the chest, followed with a horizontal slash, a thrust forward with the tip of the blade, and finishing with a vertical slash.

Name: Finisher
Class: Swordsman
Focus Points: 2
Description: Holding his sword with both hands by the handle, upside-down, with the blade pointed towards the ground, Tenshi will run and jump up as high as he can driving the blade down on or into his enemy. It is an attempt at a finishing technique, to basically pierce the enemy through a vital spot, and if not, cause serious damage.

Last edited by Tenshi Hōyō on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tenshi's Techniques   Tenshi's Techniques Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
https://magescircle.forumotion.co.uk
Vivi

Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

PostSubject: Re: Tenshi's Techniques   Tenshi's Techniques Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:58 pm

I beg your pardon? 1 point for a four hit combo? I agree with the 2 focus point finisher hit, but that combo would need at least 3 focus points. I mean, if it was just for one point, how exactly would you spam it in one post anyways? you have 5 focus points per post, not 5 for the whole battle. And, consider this: First atack: nothing. Second atack: 1. Third: 2. Fourth: 3. It is not that bad, and it isn't that good either. I mean, if I followed your idea, I could've made a physical character with a 10 hit combo only expending 5 focus points. It WOULD be kinda over powering for physical characters to do that, while mage characters would have to spend AT LEAST 4+ on BASIC spells, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Hōyō

Tenshi Hōyō

PostSubject: Re: Tenshi's Techniques   Tenshi's Techniques Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:06 pm

As the admin has told me, movement no longer takes points, and the entire technique is basically movement. Plus, it cannot be spammed like a fireball or frostbolt, so there's no point in saying it will be spammed. It takes a point to initiate the technique, and then movement to finish it. Besides, all of these are easily dodge-able, and it would take little energy/focus. I wrote an entire post using the technique in a solo-topic, where you can see, it's not possible to spam it. This isn't magic naruto ninja RPG where we can do that.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

PostSubject: Re: Tenshi's Techniques   Tenshi's Techniques Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:17 pm

I know THAT, which was why I was saying that exactly. It is IMPOSSIBLE to spam a "four hit combo", so what would you do with the rest of the points? Seriously, making it a 1 focus point would be considerably odd. I belive I stated "I mean, if it was just for one point, how exactly would you spam it in one post anyways?" as in, "what would be the use in doing a "four hit combo" 1 focus point expensive?" Besides, consider this. First atack: You don't need focus. Second atack: You need to focus on the next target, moving the sword to counter your first movement would also need focus to do, I belive. Third atack: Same thing, but possibly a bit harder, since it would follow a diferent movement from the last two. Fourth atack: Read "Third Atack".

Yes, I know that movement doesn't cost focus points anymore, and completely honestly, I start regretting ever stating that "movement is necessary, and focus doesn't have anything to do with it". While they are "dodge-able", they still require focus and/or energy to perform. Swinging a "steel sword" is NOT as easy as it is swinging a staff. Or am I mistaken on that as well? Are you saying a steel sword is completely weightless, like a stick, for you to be able to move it with no effort? Sure, you may be trained for swinging that sword hundreds of times, but it STILL chops away at your stamina, slowly, but surely.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Hōyō

Tenshi Hōyō

PostSubject: Re: Tenshi's Techniques   Tenshi's Techniques Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:20 pm

I upped the cost to three for you
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Tenshi's Techniques   Tenshi's Techniques Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tenshi's Techniques   Tenshi's Techniques Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tenshi's Techniques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MagesCircle :: Creation :: Technique Creation-
Jump to: