MagesCircle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Everyone please see the new Global Announcement.

Pacing Towards the Future

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Raum

Raum

Pacing Towards the Future Empty
PostSubject: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Raum walked into a bustling city, the salty smell of water entered his nostrils. He walked slowly into the crowds of people, vendor stalls lining the sides of the roads. A menagerie of voices intruded Raum's ears, ranging from angry salesmen to the yells of overseers far off into the port. A smile filled his relieved face, he had finally made it to Telum, the origins of his family's company. He had always wanted to see the beauty of the unique scenery, and touch up on some of his past. Faces scanned him in disbelief as he walked by, but Raum continued to travel forward, stopping at a small shop on his right. Gazing into the window, he saw many displays of different valuables, such as a golden timepiece and a ring encrusted with a large diamond. Tipping his hat, Raum attempted to conceal himself from the growing crowd behind him, weary of his own status.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Aero looked down at the photo, checking his near flawless memory one last time. The photo matched the person now walking down the Telum marketplace. The hit had been given to him by someone new, so Aero was more hesitant than usual in this job. The man claimed that his family was ruined and his wife was pushed to suicide by their overwhelming debt they found themselves in. He claimed that the cause of this was a big corporation screwing them over. Aero was hired to take vengeance on this corporation by killing the heir to the company, a man by the name of Raum Vauxhall. Aero moved through the crowd over to Raum with complete ease and calm. He made it to him and with an over exaggerated grab picked the mans pocket. He needed to isolate his mark, so the plan was he would get him to follow him to the killzone. Aero bumped his shoulder just in case the man didn't feel the pick and then kept walking away his back turned to Raum, listening to see if he noticed.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 pm

The heat of his breath fogged up the glass of the display as he turned back to the road ahead, looking for an inn close by. After a couple seconds, he felt the fabric of his pants shift. Gaining suspicion, he looked around at the crowds scanning the people, until someone abruptly bumped his shoulder. Thoughts interrupted, he pinpointed the culprit who bumped his shoulder, vetoing the decision to yell at him in public and drawing unnecessary attention. Pockets feeling lighter, bastard took my wallet! a scowl curled on his face as he followed this man, forcing his way past multitudes of people just to keep up with him.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Aero glanced back and saw he was being pursued, a smile crept on to his face. He began moving slightly faster than a jog through the crowd. He headed down through a back alley into a empty square just behind four buildings. The only way in was the way Aero had just taken. He jumped up onto a ledge of one of the buildings about ten feet off the ground. He quickly stealthed and waited for Raum to enter. His target was armored, though that didn't really concern Aero, he had dealt with targets like this before, there's always a weak spot. The throat, through and eye, seams in the plate, there was no such thing as impenetrable armor. He couldn't just attack though he had to confirm this man was guilty or at least had knowledge that showed he was deserving of Aero's blades.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:38 pm

The streets around Raum started to become more desolate with every step. He then realized this man had intentionally wanted him to follow, but Raum payed no attention to his discovery as either way he would've followed him either way. Continuing his pursuit, Raum approached an empty square, the man nowhere in sight. Angered by this notion, Raum pulled out his flail from the side of his attire Come out, coward! I know you had more intentions than to pickpocket me, you could've lost me in the crowd if you wanted to. he kept a keen eye on the square, listening intently for any small movements. Understanding he might be killed, he readied his shield as well in his left hand, removing it from his back. Well? he shouted in rage one last time, waiting for the culprit.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Aero watched as Raum entered the square and armed himself. It was time to check his intel. Raum Vauxhall, Your families company has been accused of ruining the life's of others. Aero spoke into the walls so his voice reverberated off the walls, hopefully hiding his position. So now I ask, What do you say in light of these allegations? Aero had done this so many times to so many people that unless Raum was a complete sociopath with no regard for human life, Aero would see some perceivable guilt or pain or at least recognition of Aero's claims. He focused his gaze completely on the man and watched. He silently unsheathed both his daggers from the sides of his leather leggings.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Facial expression showing no change, Raum listened to the voice projecting across the walls. Thinks he's so smart... he sighed loudly, watching for passersby. Nobody in the clearing still, Raum responded to the voice. My family's company had no intentions what-so-ever. he pondered for a moment, trying to discern the situation. There were a few families that Raum's company had competed with, so he couldn't know for sure. Lifting his head, he continued A company can destroy, but it can also create. A company's destruction is inevitable sometimes, but perhaps there is a cure. his voice finally calmed itself, he walked forward still keeping his guard. I need a name, sir.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Aero watched as Raum answered. Damn Aero thought as he witnessed zero change. Either this man had no knowledge of the indecent, or Raum was a sociopath, though that was now unlikely since he seemed to be trying offering help that seemed genuine. The last possibility that seemed more and more likely was that he was being lied to by his client. The reasons for someone wanting someone like Raum dead were endless, ranging anywhere from corporate espionage to a lovers quarrel. Hoover was the name the man who hired him, or at least the name he was given. Aero dropped the paper with the accusation information on Raum and the pictures of him down to Raum. This gave his position away, so Aero jumped across and landed ten yards or so away from Raum in the square and unstealthed. So you tell me, why would someone want you dead? He again observed Raum's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Raum stepped over to the papers and bent over to pick them up. The accusations were quite clear, and Raum recognized the symbol of the other company immediately. Hoover, hm? he spat on the accusation and crumpled it up. Fed up with all of the activity today, Raum pocketed his emotions and continued the conversation with the man. That, I would not know. Simple greed, maybe? Hoover was a rival company with Vauxhall Industries, and quite the devious people at that. Raum had already experienced multiple problems from these people before, so it wasn't something new. Anyway, you know much about me, and I don't sense the cold-blood of an assassin although you may call yourself one. he raised an eyebrow in curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 pm

So there it was, Aero was being used by someone for there own selfish gains. There would be no killing today. Aero sheathed his daggers and walked over to Raum. He tossed the mans wallet back over to him. The names Aero, Aero Masters, not that it matters much. He moved closer the man and extended his hand. He was going to have to track down this Hoover and cut off a hand or something. Another thought entered Aero's mind quickly as he waited for the man to shake his hand. How handy are you with the Flail. In situations like these news of Aero's failure to kill Raum would lead to someone else being sent. Aero felt partly responsible for that. Aero would make sure he made it safely out of Telum.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Raum caught the wallet on the face of his shield, he set the flail at his side and pocketed the wallet. The man warmed up quite well to him, and he felt a wave of relief lift weight off his shoulders. Glad to meet you Aero. he met Aero's hand with a firm but welcoming grip. Raum Vauxhall. he grinned, knowing that Aero already had the information on him. Picking his flail back up, he swung it around a few times in a fancy way Quite decent, actually. he turned to Aero in confusion, but quickly realized the dilemma. A gang of three rushed in upon them through the only exit, all hooded figures wearing the emblem of Hoover. Growling, he took a stance, prepared to fight. I guess I can prove it to you as well? he said jokingly as he ran into the fray of battle, mace ready to strike.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Aero shook the mans hand, but missed his answer to the question with the flail. Aero's attention shifted to the movement at the entrance to the alley. Their here fast He thought as he cursed. These men were trying to kill an innocent, they fell into Aero's code. He pulled out his daggers as Raum charged. Aero could appreciate Raum's enthusiasm, but he wasn't going to let him go into a 3 vs 1 fight. Aero sprinted full speed passed Raum and initiated combat. He ducked under the blade of the first strike and countered with a stab into the mans arm. The wounded man quickly fell back. and a second engaged Aero. He wielded a broad sword which he swung down at Aero. Blocking with both daggers, Aero was able to push the blade aside, but the man stepped out of range quickly, preventing Aero's kick from sweeping his legs. Aero took the moment to look at Raum who was fighting the third fighter.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 am

Raum didn't have time to choose a target, as Aero was already off in a blaze taking out the first man with extreme ease. Raum jumped into the fray, targeting the man furthest away from the fight. Wielding an incredibly large two-handed sword, the brute swung down vertically upon Raum with the lowest regards to human life. Where do you find these people nowadays. Hmpf. His mind drifted lazily as he stuck his shield above his head reflexively, the sword hammering down upon the steel of the guard. He grinned with triumph with the successful block despite the pain in his arm Boom. he raised his flail and began to beat the man ruthlessly in his right side, attempting to break a rib or two. Eventually cracking, the large man backed away and wailed in pain as Raum focused the man now on Aero. Having successfully backed away from one of Aero's attacks, Raum casually walked over to the man, slamming his shield upon his head, knocking him to the ground. Done yet? he spurted sarcastically with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:17 am

Aero let a small grin sneak on to his face as he watched Raum quickly dispose of his man and casually walk up behind the man Aero was fighting. Aero stood up and smiled at the man who gave Aero a confused look as he was bashed senseless by Raum. Aero turned to the last man who was wounded in his arm, now fleeing from the scene. Not quite Aero said with an air of confidence. Be right back. Aero launched down the alleyway, running full speed he caught the man just before he made it to the exit to the market. With a strong jab to his kidney the man collapsed and dropped his weapons. Aero dragged him leisurely back and dropped him at Raums feet. Time to get some answers. Aero said with a slightly twisted smile.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:04 am

Raum watched blatantly as Aero fled to pursue the man, he wiped his face of perspiration and sat down on a small ledge of concrete next to a building and waited. Sure enough, within seconds Aero was back with the perpetrator, dragging him to the center of the empty square. Hating torture, he approached the man with a calm demeanor Working for Hoover, eh? he lightly kicked the wound Aero had made previously. Now, I want you to tell me how many people he sent for me. he glared intensely I'm nuh-nuh-not sure. he coughed up blood, spattering his sentences At least 10, including us...PLE- before he could finish begging, Raum took the butt-end of his mace and pounded the man's head knocking him unconscious. Turning to Aero, he spoke with great haste I need to get out of here, and I'm going to assume you need to as well. he turned swiftly towards the exit, paying no heed to the damage he caused in the surroundings. If Hoover wants justice, he can have it.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:23 am

Aero looked on as Raum interrogated the man. Seven more out there huh. Aero thought to himself. Well technically I don't need to go anywhere, their after you not me. His arrogant nature began to show through. But I can't help but feel slightly responsible for your current situation. Plus I do want to get this guy back for pulling this shit in my city. So i suppose I'll accompany you and make sure you don't die or something. Aero quicly moved the bodies somewhat out of sight before following Raum out into the market. Though you may want me to take point. unless you have contacts in this city too. Which Aero doubted. He did wish he would have been able to ask a few questions to the assassin before Raum knocked him out. It would have made finding Hoover much easier.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Raising an eyebrow to Aero's cocky attitude, he nodded in silence to these terms Aero had thrown upon him. After being asked to take point, Raum pondered for a moment about the layout of the city. After a moment of thought, his head swiveled back Feel free to take point. he said, letting Aero lead the way. Looks like I'll have to save my ancestry for another time. he sighed, looking into the brightly light sky, wondering his next move. Raum's second thoughts about Hoover began to consume him, his doubts wrecking his own conscience. He started walking slowly forward and turned to Aero grinning Oh, and I won't die. You can be sure of that
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Aero took of moving at a semi rapid pace heading towards who he though would have info. He glanced back every now and then to see if Raum was still behind him and also if they were being followed. He walked down a dark ally a few blocks from his own ambush site and knocked four times on the door with a specific pattern. A slot slid open and Aero deposited a few gold coins into the slot along with a simple request of information on a man by the name of Hoover. He waited a few moments and then a slip of paper came out that same slot. On the paper was written "Hoover, 112 nightgrove" They had an address. The night grove was a inn in the center of the marketplace. He relayed the info to Raum then asked, So, how do you wanna play this? Aero asked. He wouldn't fault Raum if he wanted to take the man out, its probably what Aero would've done.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Following close behind, Raum stopped a few feet away from Aero when they approached a door. Waiting a few moments, Aero walked down the steps and traveled a few more feet away before Raum heard Aero's question. He sighed and turned for a moment, his face expressing the situation. ...Let him go, we've committed enough today. it took him a lot to say that, as his anger still hadn't subsided about the whole situation. Not only did he screw over Raum, but Aero as well. First thing's first, I need to get back to Primera and check on my family.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Aero listened to Raum's decision, and respected him for it. Though there was still the problem of the other seven men hired to kill Raum. Then I guess I'll accompany you. Aero spoke in a matter-of-fact manner, he was more telling Raum then asking. Since I have no current...jobs, I suppose I'll allow you hire my services. He sighed as if he was being dragged into something and was agreeing reluctantly. He looked to Raum for his next move. Fact was he was going to follow him regardless of how he reacted to this news.
Back to top Go down
Raum

Raum

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:26 pm

He straightened up to Aero's reply and swung a pat on his back, as if they were already good friends. Allow me your services, eh? he laughed heartily and walked forward in town, back to the gates. Then let's get going, shall we? Ladies first. he jokingly said, pointing forward and looking at Aero. Despite the fact he had made a new friend today, an issue remained deep in Raum's gut. The situation was still unnerving to him, and he was dead set on coming home, for he knew his family may be in danger because of his own actions.

[EXIT]
Back to top Go down
Aero

Aero

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Aero bowed slightly and smiled as he headed out of town. He hadn't been to Primera in years. He would protect Raum for the trip or until this threat had been eliminated. Though who knows, if Raum proved himself to be a person of good moral character, perhaps Aero would stick around for a bit. He hadn't had an actual friend since...well never really. Who knows what could happen, it would be an adventure. Hope this doesn't end up blowing up in my face... he muttered to himself constantly scanning the horizon for threats as he made his way out of town.

{EXIT}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pacing Towards the Future   Pacing Towards the Future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pacing Towards the Future
Page 1 of 1