MagesCircle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classical Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Everyone please see the new Global Announcement.

Reikon Keiri

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reikon Keiri

Reikon Keiri Empty
PostSubject: Reikon Keiri   Reikon Keiri Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Name:Cover of Shade
Class:Thief
Duration:1 Post
Focus Point Usage:
Description:The Thief's ability to become invisible in a crowd, to sneak into well guarded treasures rooms, and to pickpocket you without you ever being aware is something that he lives for, and probably wouldn't live without. This is the art of stealth. A combination of various disguises, walking postures, acting, and a trained ability to become silent give a thief a ghostly attribute. Sometimes he is invisible yet in plain sight, other times his trained stealth makes his presence unknown. In this skill, whether it be a disguise and good acting or true stealth, he becomes "invisible" to those of the untrained eye. Those who are trained well and more disciplined can spot these disguises or become aware of his presence. Anyone who is one rank or higher than the rank of this technique will become aware, remain aware, or be able to identify who he is.

Name:Back-stab
Class:Thief
Duration:Instant Attack (DoT for 1 post, 2 if successful while in Cover of Shade)
Focus Point Usage:
Description:Honorable fighting is a lacking quality in a thief. An crippling attack from behind is preferred over an honest attack from the front if he has the chance. This attack is a quick thrust to the back with a dagger, that continues to hurt for a short period. This is an damage over time technique or DoT for short. This damage over time will increase if this technique is used while the technique Cover of Shade is active. However should he be noticed the attack will deal considerably less damage, and may even fail, and if caught while in Cover of Shade will be thrown out of it.

Name:Blood Enchantment
Class:Black Magician
Duration:N/A
Focus Point Usage:
Description:A rather bizarre method, the user sacrifices some of his own blood. Saying a quick ritual chant then stabbing the hand results in a small burst of blood from the hand, in which it dissolves and is exchanged for magical energy to shortly boost the body. Because of the nature of this technique, which is exchanging life force for strength, it can be classified as an offensive skill, as it does deal some type of damage. This short boost of the bodies physical attributes allows a person to perform techniques with much more ease. This technique shortens the focus point cost of the next technique used by one point. After the effect wears off the user will find himself slightly more tired, fatigued, weakened, ect, ect. Multiple use of this technique can build up on a person, causing their downfall if they are not careful.

Last edited by Reikon Keiri on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:05 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

Reikon Keiri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikon Keiri   Reikon Keiri Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Cover of the Shade: Would be unfair to give it any higher than 3 focus points.

Backstab: I like the idea, and it isn't really focus point costy either. Or shouldn't in the very least. 2 should suffice. Mostly because it has (very) limited range. The DoT also kinda had to do with the "high" focus point cost. I think if it was only a "cheap blow to the back" it'd be only 1 FP. Heads up though: It's "A crippling attack" not "An crippling attack".

Blood Enchantment: Tricky. It has it's downfalls, true, but it "stacks". State an approximate limit for the technique per topic or per "until your healed up by someone else" or some junk like that, I dunno. Also, possibly make it so the focus point does NOT change to do another blood enchantment (for example, if it's 5 focus points for one blood enchantment, after doing one, it won't be 4), and I guess that 7 would be more than enough for this to come to life.

Also, please, if you are to change your technique list AGAIN, tell me through PM once your over or something. Tyvm.
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri

Reikon Keiri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikon Keiri   Reikon Keiri Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:58 pm

lol ummmm I don't really know where you got any of that stuff from.

The limit was stated in the description though not very well. The idea of the technique is to temporarily boost my bodies energy in order to perform the next technique with more ease. After this technique is used, any other technique I use after it has its focus point costs reduced by one. After this the effect wears off. So it only works for one technique at a time. For example:

Post 1-Avoids an previous attack, talks trash, uses Blood enchantment, uses another technique(focus point cost of this technique reduced by one) end post.

Or

Post 1-Avoids an previous attack, talks trash, uses Blood enchantment, end post.

Post 2-Opponent launches another attack, I evade with a slit injury, uses technique (focus point cost of this technique reduced by 1)

So you see the duration of Blood Enchantment lasts only as long as no other technique has been used. Also in case you were wondering the damage is more of a fatigue or stamina kind of thing then an actual wound, in this case fatigue meaning how tired my body is and how much energy I'm losing. Since its ritual and magic related I thought it'd make more sense. For example:

Fatigue of body before BE is used
--------->

Fatigue of body after BE is used
---->

So you see once the effects wear off my physical endurance doesn't return to normal, since I gave a bit of life force or energy or whatever you wanna call it, my body becomes weaker. So you understand all that?

Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

Reikon Keiri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikon Keiri   Reikon Keiri Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Indeed. Well sort of. I thought it could stack somewhere along the way (as in, use BE once, -1 focus point, use BE twice, -2 focus points, repeat repeat) thus why I thought it should have been a more proper limit than "yeah I get tired. Phew, nice workout out there". Nontheless, you still need a limit for it, since sacrificing physical endurance, spirit, fatigue, whatever the hell it is would kinda be costy. So let's say: You think you can do 5 per battle without collapsing and entering coma, so you have a limit of "5 per battle until you recover it out" or some shit like that (unless your actually saying you'll stay handicapped like that for the rest of your RP life, in that case, that's a SERIOUS downfall and I'd like you to reconsider it, since too much uses and you'd be unable to lift a finger without panting afterwards (possibly? Or am I making this up too?)).

If it's none of the above, just sue me for over-active imagination/misunderstandings. 5 focus points is fine then.
Back to top Go down
Reikon Keiri

Reikon Keiri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikon Keiri   Reikon Keiri Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Rofl oh nevermind. I misunderstood what you said by limit. So yea about 5 uses per topic without a White Magician present (you know cause they can lolheal) and I suppose they could stack, but I think for a basic technique they shouldn't stack so heavily, so how bout it can only stack if using it for the same technique. Other than that it only takes away 1 point.

o.o So yea then everything is settled. pleasure doing business with you.
Back to top Go down
Vivi

Vivi

Reikon Keiri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikon Keiri   Reikon Keiri Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:29 pm

quite welcome I guess. Now go have your fun and make your character. o.o^ And PM IF YOU CHANGE IT AGAIN Dx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reikon Keiri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reikon Keiri   Reikon Keiri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reikon Keiri
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MagesCircle :: Creation :: Technique Creation-
Jump to: