Classical Fantasy RP

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Everyone please see the new Global Announcement.

Share | 

The Dark Art of Necromancy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kromnor

PostSubject: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Name: Necromancy: Summoning Level 1
Class: Summoner and/or Black Mage (Necromancy Focus)
Focus Point Usage:
Skeletal Fighter: 3 FP each
Skeletal Archer: 4 FP each
Skeletal Mage: 5 FP each
Description: The first and most basic level of necromantic summoning, the necromancer is able to summon and control up to 3 friendly undead at one time. The available types of undead include: Skeletal Fighter, Skeletal Archer, Skeletal Mage.

-Skeletal Fighter
Class: Swordsman
FP/Turn: 4
Techniques:
Frenzy Slash - 7 FP - The Skeletal Fighter unleashes exactly 8 wild and erratic slashes upon the target
Defensive Mode - 2 FP/Turn - The Skeletal Fighter enters a defensive mode to protect the caster as he/she is summoning/casting a spell/healing/etc.
Power Slash - 3 FP - The Skeletal Fighter unleashes all it's strength into a single, well aimed slash.

-Skeletal Archer
Class: Ranger
FP/Turn: 5
Techniques:
Frenzy Arrow - 9 FP - The Skeletal Archer unleashes an attack of 10 of arrows at the target at random.
Covering Fire - 4 FP - The Skeletal Archer distracts the foe with flashbang arrows to provide cover for the caster/other summons to make a move. Limit: 2
Precision Shot - 3 FP - The Skeletal Archer takes aim and shoots a single arrow into a target's exposed weak spots.

-Skeletal Mage
Class: Black Mage
FP/Turn: 5
Techniques:
Fireball - 4 FP - The Skeletal Mage unleashes a fireball at the target
Ice Floor - 4 FP - The Skeletal Mage turns the floor beneath the foe into ice (0-2m radius around foe) , making them slip and fall.
Chain Lightning - 7 FP + (2 + #of enemies excluding first) - The Skeletal Mage strikes a single target with electricity, which then arcs randomly between enemies close by on its own (0-2m from target).

Name: Necromancy: Touch of Death
Class: Black Mage (Necromancy Focus)
Focus Point Usage: 6
Description: A low level, short range necromancy technique using negative energy to cause damage to a living foe's life force. Against living opponents this technique will cause damage to the target's life force. Against non-living opponents, this spell will disrupt whatever is being used to control them, causing them to become immobile for approximately 2 to 4 posts. Against undead opponents, this technique will instead cause healing in the target. Despite the name, direct contact is not needed, the effect works within 0-4 meters with effectiveness dropping the farther the opponent is.

Name: Necromancy: Instill Fear
Class: Black Mage (Necromancy Focus)
Focus Point Usage: 9
Description: A low level necromancy technique using negative energy to negatively effect a target's thought process. This technique will cause a single living target to become consumed in immobilizing fear, rendering them powerless for a short amount of time (Reduces FP from 5 to 2 for one post). Against non-living opponents, this spell will disrupt whatever is being used to control them, causing them to become immobile for approximately 2 to 4 posts. Against undead foes, this technique will have no effect. The effective range of the spell is about 0-10 meters with the fear effect becoming less successful at greater distances.

Last edited by Kromnor on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nim

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Well, I belive you know what I'm gonna say: Focus points. Yes, you need them. I guess summoning skeletons depends on how many you summon or what type it is. Since mages use magic and what not, it may be harder than sending a straight-forward melee class skeleton. Range would need more focus too.

So, I dunno, like 3/6/9 if they are all melee, 4/8/12 if they are all archers, and 5/10/15 if they are all mages?

Touch of death, touch of death... sounds like a kind of drain... It would need focus I guess? It also works with your "aura". so I dunno really. mmm... It's close range, so I gotta give you credit for that. Maybe 8 focus points? ... Yes, I think that's about correct, since it also imobilizes people...

Instill Fear, doesn't really need loads of focus, but at the same time, it "paralizes" them somewhat, so this one is tricky. Oh waitt, it uses negative energy, it's not through appearence? I apologize. Perhaps 9 focus then? Also, give it a range, if you may.

If you don't agree, you can try to strike a bargain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kromnor

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Just want to point out that Touch of Death only immobilizes animated constructs, regular people and other various living organisms are only affected by the draining properties. I think 4 or 5 would be more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:48 pm

so let's see, it imobilizes... Golems/puppets? What if, let's say, it's a self moving puppet? One that has it's own will, but it technically isn't something alive? More accurate: FF9's Vivi. Made to be a puppet, has a time limit, etc etc, BUT it lives like a regular person. Debate.

And you have yet to give instill fear a range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kromnor

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 pm

I was in the process of editing it when firefox crashed, I'll add that in as soon as possible.

Even if the doll/puppet/golem/whatever seems to possess it's own will and personality, it really doesn't change it's basic nature. In all honesty puppets that move of their own free will and act like living beings aren't exactly common, but in essence they follow the same principle as regular constructs with minor modifications to allow it to function on its own. The negative energy functions the same on the magical energy driving the construct whether it has a personality or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:41 pm

"Minor"? I'd like to know where would you see a golem with existential problems, or scared of using his massive strenght to squish a foe, that although it was likely he (the golem) was stronger than it (the foe), it (the golem) still held back thus causing no damage whatsoever. "Personalities" are no "minor" modifications, otherwise there wouldn't be people "studying" that random fact of human life that may AND can change god knows how many times across a few days (given certain events happen more often than others of course). Nevertheless, the answer is... I guess half correct, but I don't have a right to say if it is or not. EVEN THEN, I belive that no, since I re-checked your technique. I thought it was arms lenght, and it seems to actually have a lenght of it's own. While I WILL reduce it from 8 to something else, I won't allow it to be a 4. 6 will suffice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kromnor

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:43 pm

6 sounds fine, I can live with that.
Pleasure doing business with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:43 pm

blah blah blah we talked over this in chatbox seems fine your good to go (and next time it doesn't take any spaces either).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Art of Necromancy   

Back to top Go down

The Dark Art of Necromancy
Page 1 of 1