Classical Fantasy RP

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Everyone please see the new Global Announcement.

Share | 

Scratch's Techniques

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scratch

PostSubject: Scratch's Techniques   Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Name: Demon Princess' Visit
Class: Summoner
Focus Point Usage: 7 to summon, 3 points for each additional post to maintain.
Description: After preparing a gateway suitable for the Demon Princess to cross, which takes a post to do, Scratch summons the Princess of Demons who happens to wield a scythe that is always burning with flames that change color based on the Princess' mood. Despite her size and stature, which makes her out to be a fairly short albeit well developed teenage girl, she is very powerful and capable of dealing a significant amount of damage with her fists alone.
The Demon Princess:
Spoiler:

Name: Desert's Calling
Focus Point Usage: 15 points
Description: Scratch turns the surrounding area, for about 200ft, into a desert area reminiscent of the desert his people originated from. Mobility is slowed considerably and it is difficult to move around quickly on the sand. The desert remains in effect for 5 posts before vanishing, returning the land to how it hand been before.

Name: Desert Worm's Awakening
Focus Point Usage: 4 points
Description: Scratch calls forth a giant worm-type creature with several jagged teeth covering it's circular mouth. The creature can strike from underground or it can move out of the sand, into the air, and then dive on its target like a king fisher might do. If the worm attacks from undergound, the ground underneath the target will shake more and more violently as it nears the surface.

Last edited by Scratch on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

PostSubject: Re: Scratch's Techniques   Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:11 am

Demon Princess: A rank 1 technique to summon a demon for 7 focus, and 3 focus to maintain? sounds good, although possibly a bit too low. Though she most likely also has atacks/techniques. I'd like you to post them up right under your own techniques, stating "Demon Princess Techniques:" AND if she has too strong of atacks or something like that, I may have to change the focus point a bit. Also, state the "colors" of her moods, AND what special effects (if any) it may have.

Desert's Calling: Sounds a bit too low for 5 posts, honestly. 15 sounds good to me, but yours may be a diferent opinion. Debate.

Desert Worm's Awakening: I guess it'll need the Desert's Calling to be made first, thus you should state that the desert worm vanishes after desert's calling (I think). Nontheless, 4 points sounds a bit too little, but since it just NEEDS the desert's calling "online" so to speak, you can keep it like so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scratch

PostSubject: Re: Scratch's Techniques   Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Demon Princess: I woulda made techs for her but Nimmeh told me that techniques of summons count towards the character's technique count so I can't add any yet. Her moods are:
Happy- yellow flames
Angry- red flames
Horny- pink flames
Sad- purple flames
Mellow- no flames
Her moods don't have any special effects.

Desert's Calling: I too would've agreed with 15 points but that would leave him with no useable abilities for the first 3 posts the desert is out. While the scope of the technique is large, I dunno if its effects really warrant such a high casting cost.

Desert Worm: Desert Worm is a one time attack thing. The worm does its attack for the 4 focus points cost and then goes back into the ground, presumably being unsummoned while it's underground. This means that 4 focus points would be paid for every single attack made by the Desert Worm. and yes, it is only useabe with Desert's Calling and if it were still summoned, it would unsummon once the desert dissapeared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi

Location : Completely not here, no sir, nope, not at all. Ask away, you won't get an answer.

PostSubject: Re: Scratch's Techniques   Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:43 am

I se- wait. What? Horny? Seriously? ... Ah ffs, I dunno what's wrong with you guys, but whatever. 7 and 3/post seems good.

That's... not how it works. Allow me to explain somewhat in detail. Somewhat.

Each post you can allocate 5 focus for your techniques. You don't use the focus you have on the next posts on your first one, and then get to not use techniques for that duration. That'd be stupid. No. We use a "stacking" system, so to speak. So let's say you use 5 focus points on your first post for desert calling. on the next post, you'll have 5/15 posts allocated to your technique. On said next post, you allocate 5 more. you stay with 10/15. Then you allocate 5 more, gaining 15/15. You can cast it, or "stack" it for later. As in, if you think it's not necessary, don't use the technique YET. You can do the same with all your techniques. You can also choose to "halve" the points between multiple techniques so that you can charge them at the same time. The limit is STILL 5 though. So let's say you want to start calling on the demon princess and on the worm at the same time. Allocate 3 to the princess, and 2 to the worm, and next post you'll have 3/7 and 2/4. Next post, do the same, and you'll have 6/7 and 4/4. Then you have 5 posts in the following turn, which you can use to summon the princess, and maintain it for that post, thus, you can already make her atack (if necessary). And since the worm and the desert were already "stacked" per-se, you could also use them in that same turn, making the desert, and the "king fisher" worm appear under their feet almost at the same time. Technically you'd be using your three techniques at once since they were already planned out and "stacked" before you use them. You can also choose to stack the same technique twice or more, for example, expend 4 focus for one worm, and use the last point to start charging a second worm.

I possibly didn't make that simple at all, but hope it helped.

Finally, for the desert worm, alright then, 4 focus points for one atack then. Makes sense too, if it was there all the time, you'd have to have a "maintenance" cost on it too...

Do notice though, if you have the princess out at the same time you call on the desert worm, you'll only have 2 focus points to use. So if you have the princess out and then summon the desert worm, you'll over use focus points (which shouldn't be avaiable (for now)) and thus, one of them would have to be forcefully canceled. Like let's say, you use desert worm, and got the 3 focus point "maintenance" on demon princess. Either A) you cancel demon princess to make the worm atack in that same post, and then would have to re-summon her, or B) you maintain the demon princess, and have 2/4 on the desert worm, then cast it on the second post. Just a heads up if you didn't know.

All in all, I guess the rest is fine. When and if you add techniques to your demon princess though, warn me through PM or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scratch

PostSubject: Re: Scratch's Techniques   Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:19 am

Oh ok. I understand how you want the focus points to work now. Then yeah, 15 points sounds good.

Updated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: Scratch's Techniques   Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:52 pm

not "how I want them to work" O.o it's how it's supposed to work. that's how I got it worked at least. And if it isn't, may Nim appear in a flying motorbike, and run me over.

Nontheless, approved so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scratch's Techniques   

Back to top Go down

Scratch's Techniques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MagesCircle :: Creation :: Technique Creation-
Jump to: